30 May, 2018
AIESEP: Creating thriving and sustainable futures. Edinburgh, 2018
- Poster boards measure 1200mm x 900mm.
- Posters are attached by velcro strips which are provided
- Posters can be laminated if wished
Most empirical studies are likely to include a:
- Title - which also includes the the main people involved in the research and their affiliation
- Abstract – setting outaims, methods, key findings and main results
- Introduction/Background - that includes clear statements about the research investigation
- Methodology - which explains data collection and analysis procedures adopted as well as ethical considerations
- Results - showing illustrative examples of the main results
- Conclusion - main findings of the investigation
- Further research - including recommendations on related research possibilities
- References - Cite a few critical references
It is appreciated that adaptations to this guidance is likely for other forms of research e.g. conceptual studies
- Titles and headings should be larger than standard text. The text should be legible from approximately two metres away.
- Powerpoint slides can be used for compiling each panel
- Use popular fonts – e.g., Sans serif, Times New Roman, Arial
Final advice: Please supply a one to two page (double-sided) summary of your poster that delegates can take away with them.